Spicy Picnic Pasties
|For the pastry:|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the filling:|
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F before baking.
2) Mix together the pastry ingredients, pouring in more milk if necessary to make dough.
3) Make four parts from the dough.
4) Even out each part thinly and then using a small plate as a guide, cut it into a 6-inch circle.
5) Mix together the filling ingredients.
6) In the center of each dough circle, place a fourth of filling and press it down lightly.
7) With water, moisten edges of dough and make a turnover by folding circle in half.
8) Using a fork, seal edges well and then make perforations on top to allow the steam to escape.
9) Place this on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes in preheated oven.
10) Serve at once hot or cold.