Herbed Turkey Burgers
|Boneless turkey thighs||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1 Small|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. With the tip of a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors, loosen the skin and pull if off the meat.
2. Cut off all the fat from the meat, then cube into smaller chunks.
3. In a food processor jar, add the turkey pieces and mince. Alternately finely chop with a cleaver knife.
4. Similarly, grind or chop the onion.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine the ground turkey and onions with all the remaining ingredients.
6. Using your hand, mix all the ingredients until well blended.
7. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into ¼ inch thick burgers, slighting wetting your hand to prevent the mixture from sticking.
8. Arrange the burgers on a platter, cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to cook.
9. Preheat a charcoal grill or broiler, placing the rack 4 to 5 inches from the heat.
10. Remove the burgers from the refrigerator to bring it at room temperature.
11. Arrange the burgers on the grill or broiler rack.
12. Grill them for 4-5 minutes per side until meat is not longer pink, using a steak turner to flip them
13. Remove the burgers on to a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
14. Serve the burgers by themselves with grilled vegetables or over buns if you like.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 155.5 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 32.4% Vitamin C 85.2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet