Turkey Patty Melt
|Turkey||3 Ounce, ground|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Dried bread crumbs||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon, seasoned (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Reduced-calorie mayonnaise||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Reduced fat swiss cheese||3⁄4 Ounce|
|Low calorie rye bread slices||2 , toasted|
1. In a medium mixing bowl, put together turkey, mushrooms, bread crumbs, egg white, mayonnaise, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
2. Roll the mixture and shape to form a patty.
3. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, grease with nonstick cooking spray and heat it.
4. Stir fry onion in the skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute.
5. Then, reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 4 minutes with occasional stirring until the onion is browned.
6. Remove the onions to a plate; keep aside and warm.
7. Use paper towel to wipe the skillet.
8. Again grease skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat.
9. Place patty in the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the bottom is lightly browned.
10. Turn over the patty and cook for another 4 minutes.
11. Top the patty with cheese, cover the skillet and cook for just 1 minute until the cheese begins to melt.
12. Spread equal quantity of mustard on each side of the bread slice.
13. Top one slice with patty and onion.
14. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
15. Diagonally cut sandwich in half.