Basic Beef Burger
|Minced beef/Pork||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Bread crumbs||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme/Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (Optional)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
1) In a bowl, mix the meat, bread crumbs, parsely, herbs, garlic and pepper along with egg.
2) Apply some flour to your hands and shape into six 3" (7.5 cm) burgers.
3) Heat a frying pan with some oil. Fry burgers for 10 minutes each side with pan covered.
4) Serve hot, sandwiched between burger buns.
Burgers can also be grilled instead of frying.
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 82.1 mg27.4%
Sodium 494.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet