|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make1/4 cup|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread stuffing mix||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Ready)|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bottled steak sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Steak sauce||1 Tablespoon (Bottled)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a small frying pan, heat vegetable oil and sauté onion lightly in it.
2) Mix in bread stuffing and water.
3) Take off the mixture from heat and keep aside for later use.
4) In a medium-size bowl, mix together ground beef, steak sauce, and salt.
5) Figure the mixture into 4 patties, leaving a slight depression in top of each to hold stuffing.
6) Broil the patties with top side down for about 6 minutes, keeping meat 5 to 6 inches away from the source of heat.
7) Turn them and stuff the centers with stuffing mixture.
8) Cover with crumbled blue cheese on top and broil again for about 6 minutes until meat is cooked to desired doneness.
9) Serve hot.
Add stuffing and crumbled-blue-cheese topping before 3 minutes of cooking end time if the meat has to be broiled closer than 5 to 6 inches from heat.
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.1 mg36%
Sodium 898.8 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 38 g75.7%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 6% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet