This is a great meal for a casual night with friends or family!
For the cole slaw
20 Ounce (20 oz Can Crushed Pineapple In Juice)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Distilled white vinegar
For the sloppy joe's
1 Pound (Lean Ground meat)
1 Medium, chopped
1 Medium, minced
1 Cup (16 tbs), grated
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
Red wine vinegar
To Prepare the Cole Slaw:
1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and pineapple (including juice). Mix well.
2. Add mayo and distilled white vinegar. Mix well.
3. Cover with seran wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
4. Serve chilled.
To Prepare the Sloppy Joe's:
1. On medium-high heat, brown hamburger.
2. To the browned meat add onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and chili powder.
4. Add a little salt and some freshly ground pepper, stir everything together.
5. Cover and let it simmer for about 15 minutes (You can stretch the simmering to about 30 - 45 minutes).
6. While the meat is simmering, broil some hamburger buns to get them toasted and nicely browned.
7. When ready to serve, spoon some of the meat mixture on the toasted buns.