Lentil Patties With Walnut Sauce
|Canned lentils||6 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Ounce|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and add lentils, bread crumbs, garlic and egg white to it.
2) Combine the ingredients well and mash the lentils.
3) Fashion into 4 patties of uniform size
4) Take a non-stick skillet of 9 inches and add some non-stick cooking spray to it.
5) Put in the patties and cook over medium heat with each side being fried for 4 minutes approximately until each of them is browned properly.
6) Remove the patties to a serving dish.
7) Keep them warm.
8) Reheat the same skillet and add the margarine to it.
9) Fry onions in it for a minute until they turn soft.
10) Decrease the heat to medium and add flour, stirring all the while to combine thoroughly.
11) Keep cooking for a minute, stirring continuously.
12) Add the milk gradually.
13) Keep on adding the walnuts, parsley and nutmeg one after the other, stirring all the time.
14) Cook for 2 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
15) Serve the patties with the walnut sauce.