Quick Dinner Meals - Lentil Broccoli Patties
|Cooked lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Steamed broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs/Flax eggs||2 (or vegan egg substitute)|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a mixer-grinder, add cooked lentils and steamed broccoli florets. Grind them to form a paste.
2. In a large bowl, transfer the lentil-broccoli paste and add in ginger, spices and the two eggs. Combine well.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and pour in oil.
4. With a tablespoon, spread the lentil batter onto the hot skillet in a patty-size. Fry the patties on both sides for 5-10 minutes, until brown and crispy.
5. Serve hot on a bed of baby spinach with lemon or lime wedges, some unsweetened apple sauce and plain fat-free yogurt on side.
This video is a creation of Calm Mind Busy Body. You can visit Calm Mind Busy Body for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 203.4 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet