|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Basil leaf||1 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Canned mixed vegetable juice||46 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
1) Shape ground beef into patty.
2) In a skillet, heat butter and brown patty, break into chunks and keep aside.
3) Stir in onion, garlic, celery and saute until soft.
4) Stir in seasoning, rice, vegetable juices, cover, and let it boil.
5) Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is done.
6) Discard bay leaves and serve hot.
Calories 964 Calories from Fat 544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g93%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg53.3%
Sodium 2043.5 mg85.1%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 108.6% Vitamin C 163.7%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet