|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Basil leaf||1 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Canned mixed vegetable juice||46 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
1) Shape ground beef into patty.
2) In a skillet, heat butter and brown patty, break into chunks and keep aside.
3) Stir in onion, garlic, celery and saute until soft.
4) Stir in seasoning, rice, vegetable juices, cover, and let it boil.
5) Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is done.
6) Discard bay leaves and serve hot.