Minty Lamb Burgers
|Lean lamb||12 Ounce, minced / ground (350 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon (Dry)|
|Mint jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal baps||4 , split (For Serving)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, sliced (For Serving)|
|Cucumber piece||1 Small, sliced (For Serving)|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (For Serving)|
|Low fat fromage frais||4 Tablespoon|
|Mint jelly||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cucumber piece||1 Small, finely diced (2 Inches In Size)|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Place the lamb in a large bowl and mix in the onion, breadcrumbs and jelly. Season well, then mould the ingredients together with your hands to form a firm mixture.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape each portion into a round measuring 10 cm/4 inches across. Place the rounds on a plate lined with baking parchment and leave to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium. Line a grill (broiler) rack with baking parchment, securing the ends under the rack, and place the burgers on top. Cook for 8 minutes, then turn over the burgers and cook for a further 7 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, make the relish. Mix together the fromage frais (unsweetened yogurt), mint jelly, cucumber and freshly chopped mint in a bowl. Cover and leave to chill in the refrigerator until required.
5. Drain the burgers on absorbent kitchen paper. Serve the burgers inside the baps with sliced tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and relish.