1. In a bowl, add 1 ½ cup cooked salmon, ¼ cup bread crumbs, 1 ½ teaspoon mustard, 1 ½ teaspoon, 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
2. Beat 1 egg in another bowl and add it to the mix and mix well.
3. Make small patties of the mixture
4. Coat the patty with the ground pistachio.
5. Set the patties in the refrigerator for anytime between 1 to 12 hours.
6. Heat a pan of vegetable oil and fry the patties for about 2-3 minutes per side till they are golden brown.
7. Remove from the pan to a plate with absorbant paper.
8. Place on a serving plate and serve accompanied with tartar sauce or any other dip.
Move over Crab cakes, Salmon cakes have arrived. Roberto uses cooked salmon to make a crunchy and juicy pattie which is coated with pistacchio. These are a nice change from the usual crab or meat cakes and much more healthy for you.