Mince And Potato Patties
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Minced beef||4 Ounce|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Egg||1 , lightly mixed|
|Toasted breadcrumbs||1 Tablespoon (For Coating)|
1) Heat half of the butter and fry the onions for about 5 minutes, till they have softened and then the minced beef. Stir and quickly brown the meat.
2) Season the pan's contents and add just enough stock or water to cover. Add the mixed herbs and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover. Cook gently over low heat for about 20 minutes.
3) Pour the preparation into a basin and set aside till it is quite cold.
4) Boil the potatoes and mash then with lots of seasoning. Add half of the mixed egg and beat to make the mixture smooth and creamy.
5) Onto a lightly floured working surface, turn the mixture and divide it into 4 portions.
6) Shape each portion into a ball and hollow out the center. Into the hollow, spoon the mince and draw the potato over the top. Turn over and with floured fingers, shape into a neat patty shape.
7) Dip the patties into the remaining beaten egg first and then in the toasted breadecrumbs.
8) Store in the fridge.
9) Serve and use as required.