Spicy Veggie Pasties
|Onion||1 , finely diced|
|Carrot||1 , finely diced|
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Mild curry paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower florets||85 Gram|
|Frozen peas||50 Gram|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Canned red lentils||50 Gram|
|Puff pastry||500 Gram (Ready Made)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Natural yogurt||4 Tablespoon|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , peeled, deseeded and chopped|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 180C/conventional and 200C/ gas 6 .
2) Take a frying pa and heat oil in it.
3) Add the carrot and onion and fry until they become soft.
4) Add curry paste to it.
5) Add all the other vegetables and cook for 1 minute .
6) Stir the lentils in.
7) Allow to cool.
8) Roll out the pastry dough until it resembles a 20p coin in thickness.
9) Use a 10 centimeter pastry cutter to cut the dough into 16 circles.
10) Add a spoon of the filing to each circle before brushing the sides with egg.
11) Fold them and seal properly.
12) Add more egg glaze.
13) Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes until the pastries puff up and turn golden.
14) Take a bowl and mix mint with yogurt.
15) Serve the dip with the pasties.