|Dried soybeans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed For Coating Patties)|
1) In a large bowl, add water and soak 2 cups of soybeans for overnight or for a minimum of 10 hours.
2) Dice the celery, green peppers and carrots in fine slices. Finely chop parsley.
3) In a saucepan, cook the soaked soybeans for at least 8 hours to get soft. You may need to add water occasionally. Drain water, once they are ready.
4) In a bowl, place the soft soybeans to mash smoothly by adding peanut butter, wheat germ and tamari. Combine all together with your hands.
5) Stir in spices and combine well.
6) Make patties shape out of this and coat both sides with flour.
7) In a baking sheet, lightly grease the surface. Place the patties on it.
8) Set your oven at 350° and place the sheet inside oven.
9) Bake for 30 minutes or until they turn golden.
10) Alternately, in a fry pan, you can fry the patties.
11) Garnish with tomato and lettuce, relish or Russian dressing or hot sauce, to serve.
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1055.9 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.1%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 56 g111.5%
Vitamin A 69% Vitamin C 41.9%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 114.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet