Chilli Burger With Roasted Tomatoes And Red Onion Relish
|Minced beef||500 Gram|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||300 Gram (1 Pack, On The Vine)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Sweet chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Flat leaf parsley leaves||3 Tablespoon (Small Handful)|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|English muffins||2 , toasted|
1. To make the onion relish, in a bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the olive oil, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce, the parsley, half chopped coriander leaves and the red onion. Toss well
2. Cover bowl and marinate until required. You can refrigerate the relish.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, chilli. seasoning and half chopped coriander
4. Mix well with your hand or a wooden spoon.
5. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into 1inch thick patties.
6. Arrange on a plate, cover with cling film and chill in refrigerator until needed.
7. Retain tomatoes on the vine and coat with oil
8. Arrange them on a heated barbecue grill.
9. Grill for 5 minutes until just soft.
10. Grease the barbecue rack, and arrange the burgers.
11. Grill burgers for 5 minutes on each side
12. Place the burgers onto the muffin halves,
13. Top with grilled tomatoes and red onion relish.
14. Replace top half of bun.
15. Serve immediately
16. Alternatively, roast tomatoes in an oven at 180-200 degree C for 15 minutes.
17. Cook the burgers in 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan for 4 minutes for rare or 5 minutes for medium.
Calories 993 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.6%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.5%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 155 mg51.7%
Sodium 804.8 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 57 g113.9%
Vitamin A 76.9% Vitamin C 118.6%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 49.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet