The Natural Princess whips up a sweet and savory dish with maple syrup - mini maple turkey burgers.
For the burger patty mix
1 Pound, ground
1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely
1⁄4 Medium, chopped finely
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
1⁄4 Medium, minced
Red bell pepper
1⁄2 , minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Head of lettuce
1 (Boston Variety)
For the maple mustard topping
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dijon country mustard used (containing whole grains))
For the platter
Boston lettuce leaves
1. In a bowl put the ground turkey breast and add the finely chopped red pepper, minced garlic and the spices into it along with maple syrup and dried thyme. Mix well to combine. Use your hands to mix so that all the spices and herbs are incorporated well into the meat.
2. Pre-heat a grill pan. Make burger patties using your hands and lay them on the grill. Make sure to cook them well by flipping sides every 8-10 minutes. Once done remove from the grill.
3. For the maple mustard topping, take a bowl whisk together dijon country mustard and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
4. Separate each leaf from one medium Boston lettuce head and lay them on a plate.
5. Place one mini turkey burger over each leaf and drizzle with the maple mustard topping.