Mini Maple Turkey Burgers
|For the burger patty mix|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Turkey breast||1 Pound, ground|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Medium, chopped finely|
|All spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Medium, minced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , minced|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Head of lettuce||1 (Boston Variety)|
|For the maple mustard topping|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dijon country mustard used (containing whole grains))|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|For the platter|
|Boston lettuce leaves||8 Medium|
1. In a bowl put the ground turkey breast and add the finely chopped red pepper, minced garlic and the spices into it along with maple syrup and dried thyme. Mix well to combine. Use your hands to mix so that all the spices and herbs are incorporated well into the meat.
2. Pre-heat a grill pan. Make burger patties using your hands and lay them on the grill. Make sure to cook them well by flipping sides every 8-10 minutes. Once done remove from the grill.
3. For the maple mustard topping, take a bowl whisk together dijon country mustard and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
4. Separate each leaf from one medium Boston lettuce head and lay them on a plate.
5. Place one mini turkey burger over each leaf and drizzle with the maple mustard topping.
6. Serve fresh and warm.