Salmon Patties With Citrus Vinaigrette
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 Drop|
|Fresh ginger slices||1 1⁄2 , minced, quartered|
|Cilantro sprigs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced (Packed)|
|Canned salmon||14 3⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Scallions||3 , minced|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Unseasoned)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Grate the orange and the lemon to yield 2 teaspoons each of zest. Halve the orange and lemon, then juice one orange half and one lemon half. Remove the peel and as much of the bitter white pith as possible from the un-juiced orange and lemon halves. Cut the peeled orange and lemon into bite-size pieces.
2. In a small bowl, combine the orange and lemon zests, juices, and pieces. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the oil, the soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, and half of the ginger and cilantro.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the salmon, scallions, and the remaining ginger and cilantro, and toss to break up the salmon and distribute the ingredients.
4. Add the bread crumbs, eggs, mustard, and pepper, and thoroughly combine. Form the mixture into 4 patties about 4 inches across.
5. In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon patties and cook until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the patties over, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and cook until golden on the second side, about 3 minutes. Serve the patties with the sauce on the side.