Red Lentil Patties With Cilantro Sauce
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Red lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Sesame oil/Peanut oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), finley chopped|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Arrowroot powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno||1 , stemmed and seeded|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
To make the patties:
1. Place the rice and lentils into a medium saucepan with 4 cups of water, the turmeric, and the salt. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and simmer, without stirring, until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until well browned, about 12 minutes. Add the red pepper. Remove from the heat and add to the lentils and rice. Combine well. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and let stand until cool, about 20 minutes.
3. Spread the arrowroot on a large plate. Form the lentil-rice mixture into 8 patties. Evenly coat the patties with the arrowroot and set aside until ready to cook.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 4 patties until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and repeat for the remaining patties. Serve warm, drizzled with Cilantro Sauce.
To make the sauce:
1. Put the cilantro, coconut milk, lemon juice, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, and salt into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3870 Calories from Fat 2245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g387.7%
Saturated Fat 56.9 g284.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215 mg71.7%
Sodium 5449.3 mg227.1%
Total Carbohydrates 315 g105%
Dietary Fiber 33.2 g132.9%
Sugars 38.6 g
Protein 83 g165.2%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 91.6%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 95.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet