Crabcake Burger with Horseradish and Fries
|For the crabcake patty:|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, dice|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Crab meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lea and perrins sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the potato chips:|
|Potato||1 Large, slice|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Old bay seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce:|
|Asiago cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||5 Medium, chiffonade|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan on medium flame, add butter, red pepper, green pepper, garlic cloves and shallots and cook for 5-6 minutes and then let it cool. Do not caramelize the vegetables.
3. Once cooled, add the vegetables to a bowl along with lemon juice, mayonnaise, honey mustard, eggs, crab meat and 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs. Add the lea and perrins seasoning, tobasco, old bay seasoning and tobasco as well and mix together well.
4. Make crab patties and layer it with the rest of the panko bread crumbs.
5. In a hot skillet with olive oil, place the crab patties and brown on both sides.
6. Remove from the stove and place the skillet in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
7. For the sauce: In a bowl, add the asiago cheese, mayonnaise, basil, horseradish and lemon juice and mix well together.
8. For the potato chips: In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sliced potatoes and cook until brown. Set aside on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
9. Add the chips to a bowl and toss along with the chopped green onions and italian seasoning and you have italian fries.
10. Plate the crab meat patties between burger buns along with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and tomatoes or vegetables of your choice. Add a side of the fried and sauce and serve as main course.