How To Make Black Bean Burgers
|For the black bean paste|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, chopped|
|Chipotle pepper||1 Small|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the patties|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely minced (1/4 Cup)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|For the salad|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, sliced thinly|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Chopped cilantro||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice from 1 large lime)|
|For greasing the griddle|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (As needed for greasing)|
1. In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the black bean paste, process until you get a thick paste.
2. In a bowl, add a can of black beans (drained and rinsed), the prepared black bean paste (from the processor, minced red onions and chopped cilantro.
3. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients in the bowl to combine. Make small round patties, set them aside to air them slightly while you prepare the salad for the topping.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad, toss well.
5. Lightly oil a griddle, heat it up, and place all the prepared black bean patties.
6. Fry them, flipping sides, until a nice brown crust forms on both sides.
7. Serve the burgers topped with a portion of the salad and a wedge of lime or in a sandwich between bread slices of your choice.
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 633.8 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet