Try making this tasty Cajun Burger with the help of this video.
Cream of tartar
Mrs dash flavored seasoning mix
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
Whey protein powder
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven at 300 degrees F. Grease the hamburger pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a jar add in water and protein powder together. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add in the egg yolks, mayonnaise, Mrs Dash, cheddar cheese and protein mixture. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl add in the egg white and cream of tartar and whisk using a mixer as shown in the video for 6 minutes.
5. Mix the yolk mixture with mixer.
6. Add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and fold in the mixture.
7. Using a large spoon, spoon mixture out to a prepared tray.
8. Bake in oven for 35 minutes at 300 degrees.
9. Turn oven off and leave in oven for another 5 minutes. Remove the buns and place on a wire rack to cool. Let cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
10. Top Hamburgers buns with ham patties, mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce. Serve with low sodium ketchup.
Don't let your low carb diet put a damper on your love for food! You can be on a diet and still eat what you love, like a Cajun style burger. With LowCarb360's 3 Part video series on making the perfect low carb burger, you will be able to make a healthy version of your favorite meat dish. Part 1 of the video is all about making the buns.