Grilled Beef Burger Roll Up
|Ground round/Ground chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Coarse bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, onion, olives, garlic, eggs, salt, paprika and pepper in large bowl; mix lightly to blend.
2. Shape meat into a 12-inch-long roll on a sheet of heavy foil; wrap tightly and seal lengthwise with a drugstore fold. Fold one end over and over to seal; stand roll on end; tap gently to settle meat; seal other end. (This much can be done early in the day, and the meat roll chilled until cooking time.)
3. To grill: Take roll from refrigerator when you start fire. When coals are white-hot, place roll in foil on grill. Turn a quarter turn every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes.
4. Slide roll far enough from heat to unwrap; open foil and crush it around roll to form a cooking pan. Brush roll generously with the barbecue sauce. Continue grilling, turning and brushing often with sauce, until meat is richly browned and done as you like it.
5. Cut into thick slices; serve with buttered, toasted hamburger buns, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2431 Calories from Fat 1211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.4%
Saturated Fat 52 g259.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 880.1 mg293.4%
Sodium 4425.9 mg184.4%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51%
Sugars 49 g
Protein 165 g330.9%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 49.1%
Calcium 73.6% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet