|Lean minced lamb||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and finely grated|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (5 Milliliter)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled) (1.25 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Buns||3 (Plain Or Toasted, To Serve)|
|Tomato ketchup||4 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Mix the lamb and onion together and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
2. Divide the lamb mixture into four and shape each piece into a neat pattie about 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick.
3. Preheat a large browning dish to maximum according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the oil for the last 30 seconds. (Or put the oil into a large shallow ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until the oil is hot.)
4. Without removing the dish from the oven, press 2 lamb burgers flat on to the hot surface and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes. Turn the burgers over and re-position them and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Repeat with the remaining burgers.
5. Serve the lamb burgers in plain or toasted hamburger buns, with tomato ketchup.