I like crunchy cod fillet with simple spices that have a distinguished flavor and amazing taste. You can eat this dish anytime as a snack or even as a appetizer.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
For the garnish
1 , halved
2 Tablespoon, divided
1. In a bowl combine flour, paprika, pepper, salt, parsley and baking powder, mix and set ¼ cup aside.
2. In the remaining flour pour oil and crack and egg and add the beer, whisk and cover it with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
3. Coat a cod fillet in flour and then in beer batter.
4. In deep pan pour oil and over medium heat, heat up the oil and bring it to a temperature of 375 degree F / 190 degree C.
5. Deep fry the fillet for 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
6. Cut the buns in half and spread 1 tablespoon of tartar sauce on the bottom layer followed by lettuce leaves, fried cod fish, onion rings, tomato slices and finally another teaspoon of tartar sauce.
7. Serve the deep fried cod fish as a burger with fries.