In this episode of Meals in a Rush we have guest Chef Jamie with his daughter. This father daughter duo work for the benefit of victims of crime and trauma. Jamie's daughter Dan shows how to make portobello mushroom burgers and avocado spread.
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Fat free yogurt
4 Cup (64 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Place mushrooms in a baking dish.
2. Cover the bottom of the dish with half of the amount of oil and balsamic vinegar.
3. Use the other half to cover the mushroom gills and top.
4. Sprinkle onion salt and pepper onto the mushrooms.
5. Reserve some for later use.
6. Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
7. Turn mushrooms over and bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Turn for a third time and bake 5 more minutes, a total of 15 minutes.
9. Place the cheese on the mushrooms for about 2 minutes to melt.
10. Place the buns in the oven to toast for about 3 minutes, or until desired toasted is reached.
1. Carve the half avocado out of the peel and place it into a bowl.
2. Place yogurt and the rest of the onion salt and pepper into the bowl.
3. Mash until a smooth consistency is reached and all ingredients are mixed in.
4. Spread avocado spread onto the toasted buns and place mushrooms on top.
5. Top with fresh onion, tomato and any other toppings you desire.
For more information please visit: http://www.mealsinarush.com/
Chef Tawnya has a special guest on the show who help victims of crime and trauma. They are going to show their favorite meal in a rush recipe for everyone to have something filling on a hectic day. They are making an easy portabella mushroom burger and an avocado dip with yogurt. It’s so easy and just takes minutes to prepare.