Black Bean Burger
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), boiled and drained|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red bell peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Green chilies||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|White flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese slices||4|
1. In a pot over medium heat, add and combine black beans with onion, garlic and bacon slices. Pour water and mix well. Cook this covered for 2 hours.
2. In a bowl, add 2 cups of the cooked black beans mixture, cooked rice, green peppers, red peppers, corn, cilantro, chipotle peppers, green chilies, egg, salt, flour, chilli powder and cumin. Mix until well combined into a firm mixture to form patties.
3. In a saucepan on medium high, melt butter, make patties of the above mixture and pan fry them for 3 - 4 minutes or until golden brown on both side.
4. Flip it over once and lay slices of monetary cheese over each patty. Cover and continue cooking until the cheese melts. Once done, transfer onto a serving plate.
5. Serve these patties hot garnished with lemon slices.
Calories 469 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.3 mg22.1%
Sodium 439.7 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.2%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 21 g42.4%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 121.5%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet