1. In a pot over medium heat, add and combine black beans with onion, garlic and bacon slices. Pour water and mix well. Cook this covered for 2 hours.
2. In a bowl, add 2 cups of the cooked black beans mixture, cooked rice, green peppers, red peppers, corn, cilantro, chipotle peppers, green chilies, egg, salt, flour, chilli powder and cumin. Mix until well combined into a firm mixture to form patties.
3. In a saucepan on medium high, melt butter, make patties of the above mixture and pan fry them for 3 - 4 minutes or until golden brown on both side.
4. Flip it over once and lay slices of monetary cheese over each patty. Cover and continue cooking until the cheese melts. Once done, transfer onto a serving plate.
5. Serve these patties hot garnished with lemon slices.