The patty for this Vegetable Burger is very different, and you will realize that as soon as you take the first bite! The addition of garam masala and ginger, green chilli pastes to the mashed vegetables imparts a tangy twist to the tava-cooked patty, making it a treat to the taste buds. The effect is further enhanced by a special salad of shredded veggies spruced up with mayonnaise and mustard powder, which accompanies the crisp patties along with standard fittings like veggie slices, lettuce, and so on. This burger is really a mega mouthful! Serve with Cheesy Wafers and Mango Milkshake.
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Tomato ketchup||6 Tablespoon|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||6|
|To be mixed into a coleslaw|
|Mustard powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cabbage||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , shredded|
|Carrot||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , grated|
|Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the vegetable patty|
|Mixed vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs) , chopped and boiled (carrots, french beans, cauliflower etc)|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) , boiled, peeled and mashed|
|Green chilli paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for coating)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
For the vegetable patty:
1. Lightly mash the vegetables using a potato masher and keep aside.
2. Dip the bread slice in water for a few seconds. Squeeze out all the water and crumble the bread.
3. Add the all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter round flat patty.
5. Roll each patty in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
6. Heat the tava (griddle), grease it using a little oil.
7. Cook each patty on a medium flame, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
8. Divide the coleslaw into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
9. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a hot tava (griddle). Keep aside.
10. Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it.
11. Place an iceberg lettuce leaf, 1 patty, 1 portion of the coleslaw, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
12. Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
13. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more burgers.
12. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Calories 473Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 883 mg36.79%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2838Calories from Fat 912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5298 mg220.74%
Total Carbohydrates 414 g138%
Dietary Fiber 36 g144%
Sugars 90 g
Protein 66 g132%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet