|Butter||3 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Tomato ketchup||6 Tablespoon|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||6|
|To be mixed into a coleslaw|
|Mustard powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cabbage||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Carrot||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the vegetable patty|
|Mixed vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped and boiled (carrots, french beans, cauliflower etc)|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled, peeled and mashed|
|Green chilli paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for coating)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
For the vegetable patty:
1. Lightly mash the vegetables using a potato masher and keep aside.
2. Dip the bread slice in water for a few seconds. Squeeze out all the water and crumble the bread.
3. Add the all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter round flat patty.
5. Roll each patty in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
6. Heat the tava (griddle), grease it using a little oil.
7. Cook each patty on a medium flame, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
8. Divide the coleslaw into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
9. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a hot tava (griddle). Keep aside.
10. Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it.
11. Place an iceberg lettuce leaf, 1 patty, 1 portion of the coleslaw, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
12. Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
13. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more burgers.
12. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.1 mg4.4%
Sodium 883 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 135.1% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet