Veggie Burgers - Best Summer
|Bulgur wheat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pinto beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
- In a pot, place the bulgar wheat and water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cover for 13 minutes.
- After the bulgur has cooked, place in a bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, place the pinto beans and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the cooked bulgur, cheese, carrot, salt, garlic and onion powder to the beans in the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Form into patties according to your preference.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the patties between the buns and top with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles or anything of your choice.
To Freeze – After forming patties and before cooking, place patties on a baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour, and then transfer to a zippered bag or other food-safe freezer container. Defrost in the refrigerator then follow recipe directions for cooking.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.9 mg5%
Sodium 741.5 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet