Nana's Famous Philadelphia Cinnamon Buns
|Mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||9 Tablespoon (1/2 cup+ 1 tablespoon)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Dry yeast||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Softened butter||8 Ounce (as required)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||3 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and a tablespoon of sugar. Mix well and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg and vanilla. Whisk. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, take mashed potatoes and gradually add milk in it, whisking constantly.
4. Drop half cup of sugar, salt, and butter. Place pan on low heat and cook until warm or butter melts. Stir occasionally.
5. Into a large bowl pour the mashed potato mixture. Add vanilla egg, and yeast mix into it. Whisk.
6. Throw 4 cups of flour and blend to combine well.
7. Sprinkle flour on work surface, transfer batter and knead well. Sprinkle remaining flour a little at a time, kneading gently for just a few minutes.
8. Grease a container, place dough in it, apply little more butter on top, and let it rest until double in size.
9. Put raisins into a strainer over boiling water for 5 minutes. Set aside.
10. Divide dough and put it on work surface and roll it as thin as you can.
11. Apply generous amount of butter on top and sprinkle brown sugar evenly on it. Rub it in.
12. Sprinkle generous amount of cinnamon on dough.
13. Lay raisins on it and roll as shown in the video. Cut roll into slices.
14. For sticky cinnamon buns, in a baking pan, pour about ¼-inch of syrup.
15. Drop pecans in pan with pretty part down. Place buns on top of it with room in between for them to bake and expand. Set aside for an hour.
16. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
17. Pop it in oven, and bake for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 185-190 degree when measured with thermometer.
18. Put knife around the pan to loosen it up.
19. Turn it on a foil and let it cool.
20. Serve cinnamon buns for breakfast with tea or coffee or munch on them as a snack.
Calories 1902 Calories from Fat 597
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.9%
Saturated Fat 38.6 g193.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.9 mg70.3%
Sodium 477 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.2%
Sugars 97.9 g
Protein 27 g53.7%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet