1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C or 400 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl cream sugar and margarine or butter until light and fluffy.
3. Then add 2 eggs at a time and whisk well until incorporated before adding more eggs.
4. Once done sieve the flour and add to the creamed mixture. Fold in using a spatula.
5. Then add milk and vanilla essence and fold again so that you get a dropping consistency batter.
6. Line 2-3 bun/muffin pans with paper liners and scoop in one large spoon of the batter into each filling 2/3 full.
7. Bake the buns at 200 degree C/ 400degree f for 15-20 minutes.
8. You can decorate the buns with icing, jam, fresh cream or assorted fruits if you like.
9. Serve the buns for breakfast with your morning tea or as a teatime treat.
Kindly see the video for different ways of decorating the buns.
You can make 60 Buns from this recipe.