Potato Puff Buns
|Compressed yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled and mashed|
|Flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), sieved|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for rolling and dusting)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
2. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine crumbled yeast, pinch of sugar (optional) and 1 tablespoon luke warm milk. Mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
4. Post 5 minutes, add remaining luke warm milk mixture and mix well.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine shortening, sugar and salt. Cream well.
6. Add mashed potatoes and eggs and cream well.
7. Add yeast milk mixture and sieved flour and mix well.
8. Knead into soft dough and place in a greased bowl for 120 minutes for rising. Grease top portion of dough too so that it doesn-€™t dry out.
9. Once raised, place on floured surface and knead again.
10. Brush with melted butter and cling wrap. Refrigerate for 2 ½ hours.
11. Using a doughnut cutter, shape into doughnuts or shape as required.
12. Place each at a distance of 2 inches on a greased baking tray. Allow to rise for 120 minutes. Do not discard trimmings, shape them and use them too.
13. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till done.
14. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 30 no-€™s.
15. Serve warm with sauce.