Creamed Egg Buns
|Eggs||6 , hard-cooked, shelled|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Prepared mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried beef||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 stick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|English muffins||3 , halved, toasted and buttered|
1. Halve eggs lengthwise, scoop out yolks and into a bowl press through a sieve.
2. Stir in mayonnaise, green pepper, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and liquid red pepper seasoning and pile back into whites.
3. In a medium-size saucepan shred dried beef and saute lightly in butter or margarine.
4. Stir in flour, remaining salt, pepper and milk.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils 1 minute.
6. On a serving plate on each muffin half place two stuffed eggs, spoon salice over all and serve.