Fried Cinnamon Buns
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At 105 To 115 F)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, scald milk; add sugar, salt, and butter, stirring until butter melts. Cool the mixture to 105° to 115°.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Now add in milk mixture, egg, and 1 1/2 cups flour to the yeast.
4. In an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth.
5. Slowly, stir in enough of remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
6. On a lightly floured surface, turn the dough out. Knead until smooth and elastic for about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Keep dough in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
8. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
9. Using your fists, punch dough down; divide in half.
10. On a slightly floured surface, roll each half into a 14- X 9-inch rectangle.
11. In a small bowl, mix ombine 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
12. Scatter half of sugar mixture over each rectangle.
13. With care, using your fingers roll up jellyroll fashion, beginning at short side; firmly pinch edges and ends to seal.
14. Using a knife, cut each roll into 1-inch slices.
15. Keep the slices 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets; flatten each bun using the bottom of a glass or an egg turner.
16. Cover the sheet with plastic sheets and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
17. In a large frying pan or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°F.
18. Fry buns for 1 minute or until golden brown; turn and fry until golden.
19. On kitchen paper, drain buns.
20. In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and water; stir until smooth.
21. Sprinkle over warm buns.
22. Serve hot with tea.