Kate Robbins' Bun in The Oven
|Fresh milk||250 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||200 Gram|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||200 Gram|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large pan, put the milk, sugar and butter.
3) Add the walnuts (if using), mixed spices and sultanas. Mix well.
4) Gently simmer the mixture over low heat, constantly stirring, till it is smooth.
5) Take the mixture off the heat and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
6) Whisk in the flour as well as the baking powder.
7) Make the mixture into a dough, starting with a wooden spoon and finishing with your hands.
8) Shape the dough into a round and place it on a baking tray.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes, till golden brown.
10) Serve the bun while it is still hot, or chill beforehand and serve cold. Makes a good dessert.
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 335.7 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 68.2 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet