Kate Robbins' Bun in The Oven
|Fresh milk||250 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||200 Gram|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||200 Gram|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large pan, put the milk, sugar and butter.
3) Add the walnuts (if using), mixed spices and sultanas. Mix well.
4) Gently simmer the mixture over low heat, constantly stirring, till it is smooth.
5) Take the mixture off the heat and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
6) Whisk in the flour as well as the baking powder.
7) Make the mixture into a dough, starting with a wooden spoon and finishing with your hands.
8) Shape the dough into a round and place it on a baking tray.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes, till golden brown.
10) Serve the bun while it is still hot, or chill beforehand and serve cold. Makes a good dessert.