Raised Butterscotch Buns
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a 9-inch square pan, heat butter till melted.
2) Add in brown sugar, corn syrup, and pecans.
3) In a bowl, add warm water and add yeast.
4) Stir in the sugar, salt, and half the flour.
5) Beat for 2 minutes, till the mix sheets off the spoon.
6) Mix in the egg, shortening, and remaining flour.
7) Beat till smooth.
8) Scoop with a teaspoon and evenly drop into the brown sugar mix and coat.
9) Stand in a warm place for 30 minutes and allow to rise, till doubled in bulk.
10) Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
11) Invert onto a serving plate immediately.
12) Slice and serve warm.