Dill Dough Buns
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dill seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
1. Mix baking powder and salt; sift together.
2. Gradually add and blend shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Stir in milk and dill until soft dough is formed.
4. On a lightly floured board, gently knead the dough for 30 seconds.
5. Roll it or pat it until 1/2 inch thick.
6. Using a mould, cut the rolled dough into 12 biscuits.
7. Preheat oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
8. On a baking sheet, place the cut out buns and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 2.8 mg0.9%
Sodium 730.8 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.74%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet