Dill Dough Buns
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dill seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
1. Mix baking powder and salt; sift together.
2. Gradually add and blend shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Stir in milk and dill until soft dough is formed.
4. On a lightly floured board, gently knead the dough for 30 seconds.
5. Roll it or pat it until 1/2 inch thick.
6. Using a mould, cut the rolled dough into 12 biscuits.
7. Preheat oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
8. On a baking sheet, place the cut out buns and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.