|Self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Take 2 baking sheets and grease them.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degree Fahreheit.
3. Cut the butter in small pieces.
4. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar together.
5. Add the butter pieces, and rub it quickly into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
6. In a small bowl, beat one egg lightly with a fork with the milk.
7. With a round bladed-knife, mix this into the flour mixture until the mixture has been worked into a light, soft, dough.
8. Shape the dough between the palms of the hands into 10 uniform balls.
9. Dip your finger in flour and with the floured finger, make a hole in the center of each ball
10. Drop in a little raspberry jam in each of the holes.
11. Close up the opening, pinching the edges of the dough together.
12. On the baking sheets,, place the buns well apart, as they double in size when baked.
13. Using a brush, coat the buns with beaten egg and bake just above the center of the oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.
14. Cool the buns on a wire rack.
15. Serve hot with tea or coffee, or eat them as a snack by itself.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2049 Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.3%
Saturated Fat 49.6 g248%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 618 mg206%
Sodium 3718.6 mg154.9%
Total Carbohydrates 293 g97.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 109.9 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C
Calcium 58.9% Iron 60%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet