1. In a mixing bowl, toss together sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Keep aside.
2. Unroll dough but do not separate the layers.
3. On each of the 2 long rectangles, brush about 1 teaspoon butter.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon pecan mixture along the length.
5. Re-roll tightly.
6. Cut each roll into 4 equal portions. To get 8 buns.
7. Brush butter over each bun and then roll in remaining pecan mixture.
8. In an 8-inch round baking dish, arrange the rolls in a ring, keeping them towards the outer edge of the dish.
9. Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture on top of rolls.
10. Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes until golden.
11. Cover the dish and let stand and cool for 5 minutes
12. Transfer the rolls to a platter.