Cream Choux Buns
|Flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (275 Milliliter)|
|Caster sugar||15 Milliliter|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||1 Pound, halved|
|Icing sugar||60 Milliliter|
1. Let the oven heat to 400°F (200°C/Gas 6).
2. Thereafter coat a baking tray with grease and make the pastry.
3. Place it into a piping bag while the dough is still tepid, with a 2.5 cm (1 in) star nozzle, and pipe 24 small or 12 large balls on to the prepared tray.
4. Let it bake for 30 minutes, making sure that you do not open the oven door during that time.
5. Lower the heat to 325°F (170°C/Gas 3) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
6. Using greaseproof paper cover if the pastry is becoming too brown.
7. Take out of the oven, splitting the buns horizontally, open and remove any damp dough.
8. Switch off the oven.
9. If the buns are still very damp inside, put them back in the switched-off oven to dry out.
10. Beat the cream until very stiff.
11. Slowly whip in the kirsch and the sugar.
12. Spoon in the whipped cream when the buns are cold, and lay the fruit on top.
13. Dredge the top of each bun with icing sugar.