|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), scalded|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105° To 115°F)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Softened butter/Softened margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven.
2) Take a bowl and combine milk, shortening, salt, sugar, and stir until shortening melts.
3) Let it cool to 105-115 degree.
4) Blend yeast and water and keep the mixture aside for 5 minutes.
5) Add the yeast mixture to milk mixture along with eggs and 2 cups flour, beat until the mixture is smooth.
6) Make a soft dough by adding enough of remaining flour.
7) Knead dough on a lightly floured surface so that it turns smooth and elastic in texture.
8) Take a greased bowl and place the dough in it.
9) Cover it, leave at a warm place at 85 degree, free from drafts, ane let it rise until double the volume.
10) Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, and corn syrup.
11) Take a 9-inch square pan and spread the batter over it.
12) Punch down dough and roll it into a 20 10 - inch rectangle.
13) Apply melted butter over dough leaving a thin margin on all sides.
14) Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon sugar, combine raisin and sprinkle over dough.
15) Roll up dough in jellyroll fashion and seal edges.
16) Cut the dough roll in slices and place the slices in syrup mixture.
17) Arrange over a pan and bake at 400 degree for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
18) Invert immediately into serving platter and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4251 Calories from Fat 917
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.1%
Saturated Fat 41.5 g207.3%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 325.2 mg108.4%
Sodium 2292.2 mg95.5%
Total Carbohydrates 787 g262.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.5%
Sugars 291 g
Protein 66 g132.8%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 55.7% Iron 150.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet