|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar in the raw||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sea salt/Salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole-wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Oat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Melt yeast in warm water.
2. Heat milk to blood temperature and add butter or oil, sugar and salt and cool to room temperature.
3. In a large basin, combine yeast starter, beaten egg, cornmeal and flours.
4. Blend well and knead for 5 minutes.
5. Cover bowl and let dough rise until double its bulk.
6. Punch down to knock out air.
7. Shape into small tight balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
8. Let buns rise again in a warm place until double in size.
9. Bake buns for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 375°F.
10 Raise oven temperature to 400°F and bake for another 10 minutes till golden brown.
11. Serve the buns warm for breakfast or with a meal.