1. Preheat oven to 200*C.
2. In a mug, combine milk, fast action yeast and caster sugar. Leave it for 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, mixed spice and cinnamon.
4. Add butter, egg, mixed fruits and yeast mixture. Mix well with your hands.
5. Cover the batter and leave for 45 minutes.
6. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and knead the dough well.
7. Cut the dough in even pieces and roll to make bun.
8. On a baking sheet, place the buns.
9. To make white mixture to cross the buns – in a bowl, combine flour, sugar and water.
10. Pour it in piping bag and make cross mark on each bun.
11. Pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.
12. Glaze the baked buns with golden syrup.
Those who want to try making hot cross buns at home should check this out. The chef makes the video very interesting with her recipe and shows the icing made on the buns too. You can bake these buns on holidays or festive days.