Butterscotch Nut Buns
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Walnut halves/Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet yeast dough||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and the cup butter or margarine in a small saucepan; simmer 2 minutes. Pour into a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
2. Roll out sweet yeast dough to a 15x8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread entire surface of the dough with the soft butter or margarine.
3. Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon and raisins; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly roll fashion, beginning with the long side. Pinch to seal seam. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place, cut side down, in pre-oared pan. Cover. Let rise in warm place, away from drafts, 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn upside down on plate. Leave pan in place 5 minutes to allow topping to run over buns; lift off pan.
5. To serve: Separate buns with two forks; serve warm with coffee or tea.
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.4 mg15.5%
Sodium 234.7 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 82.8 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet