Cranberry Pecan Buns
|Dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (100° To 110°F)|
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Such As Raisins)|
|Chopped pecans||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hot water||5 Teaspoon|
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine yeast mixture, flour, oil, and salt in a large bowl; stir until a soft dough forms.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
3. Punch dough down; roll into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon;
sprinkle evenly over dough. Top with dried cranberries and finely chopped pecans.
4. Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Place a long string or dental floss under roll; slowly pull ends to cut through dough. Arrange 12 slices, cut sides down, in a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Bake at 375° for 29 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Combine 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 5 teaspoons hot water in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over buns.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2772 Calories from Fat 651
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.4%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g103.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 1967.5 mg82%
Total Carbohydrates 481 g160.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.4%
Sugars 201.2 g
Protein 44 g88.8%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 107.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet