Orangey honey buns in a jar is a portable dessert to carry on space. Cake can be messy, Orangey honey buns in a jar is the best dessert. They are delicious and can be stored for over a month. Make some and enjoy for a long time, they are terrific.
For the buns
Sea salt flakes
Free range eggs
3 Large, beaten
For the syrup
Orange zest strips
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Grease the muffin tray with butter.
3. Cut the orange rind into 4 long strips, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl until well combined.
5. Add half of the eggs and using an electric mixture whisk everything until well combined and forms a sticky paste.
6. Gradually whisk in the remaining beaten egg and add the softened butter.
7. Once done spoon the batter into the muffin tray, leave it for 1 hour to rise.
8. After 1 hour bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
9. In a saucepan combine water and sugar; add the orange strips and over low heat dissolve the sugar completely, stirring continuously.
10. Add the honey and stir everything together.
11. Remove the buns from the oven and allow it to cool.
12. Once cooled add them to a jar and pour the sugar syrup and seal the jar.
13. Serve the orange honey buns along with some whipped cream.