Pumpkin Butter Buns
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Mix together 1/2 cup flour, the yeast, spices, salt, and baking soda in bowl.
2. Heat the milk, water, brown sugar, and oil until very warm. Stir into the dry mixture and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the pumpkin, egg, and wheat germ and beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Add the nuts and raisins and stir in enough flour to make a thick batter.
4. Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until light and bubbly.
5. Stir the batter down and fill muffin tins three-fourths full. Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until light.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
7. Bake buns for 20 minutes, or until done. Let stand in pans for 5 minutes, then turn out on a rack to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2283 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.5%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg72.4%
Sodium 1435.3 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 386 g128.8%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.8%
Sugars 136.8 g
Protein 54 g108.5%
Vitamin A 388.2% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 120.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet