Sweet Apple Buns - Part 2
|Active dry yeast||4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All pupose flour||8 Cup (128 tbs), divided|
|Brown sugar||10 Tablespoon (2 tbsp. per apple)|
|Lime||2 , juiced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Vanilla||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, add in the butter, cover with lid and melt in microwave.
3. Take out the bowl and pour in milk. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
4. Sprinkle the yeast into the mixture. Followed by 1 tbsp. of sugar, shake the bowl and cover with saran wrap. Set aside until bubble forms.
5. In a small bowl, break the eggs and whisk for a few minutes. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, add in 6 cups of flour, salt and remaining sugar. Stir with wooden spatula and pour in the yeast mixture and mix well.
7. Add in the eggs and continuously whisk for some time. Gradually add in 1 cup of flour and mix well.
8. Top the dough with some flour and cover with kitchen towel and let it rise until double in an oven.
9. In another bowl, add in the apples, lime juice and brown sugar.
10. In a pan, add in the oil and apple mixture. Cook until nice consistency is obtained. To add more flavor you can add nutmeg and vanilla to the apple mixture.
11. Take out the dough from the oven and dust the counter with remaining flour. Knead with hands, dusting with flour.
12. Roll the dough with a rolling pin and give an even square shape.
13. Dip a mug/glass in flour and make marks over half of the dough sheet. Place the apple filling over the mark, and fold the remaining sheet. Cut with glass/cup and place onto the prepared baking pan. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
14. Cover the buns with kitchen towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
15. Bake in oven on middle rack for 8 – 10 minutes.
16. Take out the buns and place on cooling rack.
17. Dip the buns in melted butter and coat with the sugar.
18. Serve Apple Buns with coffee or tea.