|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (Two 0.25 Ounce)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1. Make dough: Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a 1-cup measure. ("Very warm" water should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar and allow to stand 10 minutes, or until mixture begins to foam.
2. Heat milk, sugar, salt and butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan, just until butter melts; pour into a large bowl; allow to cool slightly. Beat in eggs with a wire whip until well blended. (Test temperature of liquid at this time. It should be no warmer than water used with yeast.) Stir in foaming yeast.
3. Beat in 2 cups of the flour until smooth; stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured pastry cloth or board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, using only as much flour as needed to keep dough from sticking.
5. Place dough in a large greased bowl; turn over to bring greased side up. Cover. Let rise in warm place, away from draft, 1 1/2 hours, or until double in bulk.
6. Punch dough down; knead a few times; let rest 5 minutes.
7. Make filling: Beat softened butter or margarine and brown sugar until well blended in medium-size bowl with wire whip; stir in raisins, nuts and cinnamon until well blended.
8. Divide dough in half; roll out to a 15x9-inch rectangle on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Spread half the raisin and nut mixture over dough. Roll up, jelly roll fashion, starting with short end. Cut into 9 equal slices.
9. Place, cut-side down, in buttered) 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling to make a second pan of buns.
10. Cover pans; let rise in a warm place 45 minutes, or until it has be come double in bulk.
11. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Invert pans immediately onto wire racks
12. Separate buns with two forks serve with your favorite flavor of jam.