A perennial favourite around our house are these really simple dinner buns. Based on a recipe from my Grandmother, our family just can't get enough... I'm sure yours will be the same.
For yeast to bloom
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105º-115ºf)
Active dry yeast
2 1⁄4 Teaspoon
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 , lightly beaten
All purpose flour
3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (3 cups + 1/2 cup if needed)
1. In a small bowl, take warm water, add yeast and sugar to it. Set aside and let it rest.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine warm milk, sugar, salt and butter. Whisk until butter melts.
3. Add egg, and yeast mixture. Beat to combine.
4. Into a large bowl, add the egg mixture and flour. Using a mixer with dough hook attachment on beat well.
5. Add more flour and beat until it forms a ball of dough. Let the dough sit for 10 minutes and then further beat for 6 minutes.
6. On floured surface put the dough and knead well. Place it in a greased bowl, cover with tea towel and let it rest for 2 hours or double in size.
7. Punch the dough down and put it on floured surface.
8. Cut the dough into small portions, roll and place them on buttered baking pan. Cover with tea towel and let it rest for an hour or until double in size.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
10. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Serve bun hot with a light coating of butter and sugar on top.
Nice, soft and fluffy homemade buns are too good to serve for your family or guests. If you are craving about these buns, then check with the easy recipe video. Follow the detail step-by-step instruction of chef and enjoy these homemade buns.