This is a slightly modified version of the 1896 brownie recipe in Fannie Farmers cookbook - sadly there is no chocolate...
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (75 ml at room temperature)
Powdered icing sugar
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (75 ml)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (or cooking)
240 Milliliter (7/8 cup)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add molasses, egg, and flour. Beat after each addition.
4. Fold in pecans and transfer the mixture into small shallow tart tins.
5. Garnish the top with pecan half.
6. Pop the tins in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on rack before serving.
7. Serve and enjoy!
You can substitute darker molasses or maple syrup for the fancy molasses if you wish.